- Legal protection: detailing the national legislation that provides protections for different species
- Survey information: includes advice regarding suitable seasons to conduct surveys and expected number of surveys to be undertaken for that species group
- Mitigation: outlines measures must be taken to avoid, mitigate (lessen) or compensate for negative impacts of development on species.
- Habitat enhancement: suggests measures to create or improve a habitat to support that species
- Post-development monitoring: indicates how that species group should be monitored once a development is constructed
- Licencing: outlines whether licences that may be required before any works can be undertake that may negatively impact a species
- References: key documentation with more detailed advice regarding that species group
The notes have been produced by the species’ Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) represented within the Partnership for Biodiversity in Planning.